Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Coach Nigro's Meet Wrap Up -- WNY Invitational

I was very pleased with the team’s performance this past weekend.  I really trained them hard early in the week.  Monday Tuesday and Wednesday were purposely difficult to prepare for our three day championship.  Needles to say we were all very tired going into Saturday.  When entering for this meet I take a different approach.  I allow the upperclassmen to pick two events, and I choose two others.  For the freshmen, I pick their events.  I also pick the relay teams.  I like to do “class envy”, meaning I try and make the relays by class; freshmen, sophomore, etc.  This allows us to hide our best relays and still have some fun and intra-team competition. Stand out swims:
  • Aubrey Kettrick   had a wonderful meet.  She swam some off events and posted great times.  Her 200im and 100 breast were lifetime bests
  • Lindsey Jackson did her first 200 butterfly.
  • Kara Borowiak went best times in three of her four events
  • Katie Metcalf swam the fastest in season times of her career.
  • Kevin Jennings likewise swam some off events and showed that he could sprint strokes other than freestyle.
  • Alex Siuda posted very good early season times in the IM's and 200 back.
  • Evinn Drusys posted a best time in the 200 fly
  • Brady Small and Jake Pisano swam their first collegiate 1000 free.

Purple Props this week went to Kara Borowiak and Kevin Jennings for their performances.

Thank you to all the parents that were at the meet to support us.  I hope to see many of you this Friday at Cleveland State.  Diving Begins at 3pm with swimming to follow at 5 pm.


-Coach Nigro

No comments:

Post a Comment